Thursday 8 July 2010

Back to canada


I had this idea to try to paint all my unpainted troops over summer, and not to buy any new toys till I have. How long this will last, I don't know. Anyway so the fist thing I have pulled out is my 1812 stuff. I took these pics a week ago so I have actually finished a lot of the unpainted stuff in these photos. I am organising my forces in units of roughly 12 most often including an officer, Sergeant and drummer, maybe even a standard.


Pics 1 &2: All 24 Victrix that I have painted as British line infantry

A day or two of painting and I will have:
  • 12 British Line (with officer, drummer and Sergeant)
  • 12 British line (with officer and Sergeant)
  • 12 British line (with officer, standard and drummer)
  • 6 British light company
  • 7 British Rifles (with Sergeant)
Of course any of these could be used as Canadians, as they where uniformed as the British regulars where possible. I have held off painting a unit specifically as Canadian till I have a larger collection. When I do, I'll do then in green coats faced red and with blue/grey trousers; like the upper Canada militia were uniformed in 1813. This uniform will distinguish them from British regulars, paricually in a game and besides I quite like that look. Also when I get the next box of perry infantry the light company will go up to 12 strong.

As for the americans:
  • 12 Line (grey coats)
  • 12 line (blue coats)
  • 18 Poorly uniformed line or militia
I did 12 with grey coats (scott's brigade) just for a bit of varity. The unit of 18 has some men in full uniform, some in civilian dress and some inbetween, so they can be used as ragged line infantry or a half uniformed militia. my next purchase for the americans will be some perry plastic french dragoons, to convert to US light dragoons.


Pic 3: Rifles and milita

Pic 4: more british on the workbench

No comments:

Post a Comment